Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Trying to focus....

Are You Losing At Least One Pound Per Week?
By Ian Robertson, Managing Editor PhenForum Daily and the Weight Loss Club
Are you losing at least one pound per week? If diet and exercise are made priorities then it should be completely feasible to lose at least a pound per week.
It needs to be understood that a pound of bodyfat contains roughly 3500 calories and if one removes 500 excess calories a day then at least one pound will be lost until a goal weight is achieved. This doesn’t take regular exercise into consideration which means more weight can be lost.
As far as the diet is concerned, make sure you remove those 500 calories from superfluous food sources such as sodas which can be replaced with water or unsweetened tea. That’s easily 120-150 calories depending on the soda.
Instead of fries or chips, go with steamed vegetables instead. Vegetables and fruit are recommended for two reasons: Not only do they have fewer calories due to the water content but they contain considerably more vitamins and minerals than the unnecessary junk. The diet facet is certainly more challenging than exercise in terms of fighting off the calories.
While for most, exercise is the easier of the two, it is still a motivational challenge at times. Some days we are too busy, while other days simply leave us too tired. And while easier said than done, try not to fall into a rut like that.
One of the best aspects of exercise is that it can serve as one-stop shopping in terms of calorie reduction. For instance, an hour of jogging burns up to 900 calories! However, remember to use weights as well because building muscle is what boosts the metabolism in the long-term. Alone, an hour’s worth of weight training will burn 500 calories but the metabolic boost you get is unique only to resistance training.
Of course, one needs to remember to not only eat a nutritious protein and carbohydrate snack an hour after exercising but to eat enough calories throughout the day. Many, think starvation will lead to fat loss when exactly the opposite is true. The body must break down its own muscle tissue in an effort to maintain one’s metabolism since not enough calories are being eaten. When calories are lacking, body fat is hoarded and metabolisms are slowed down in order to conserve energy due to the fight-or-flight response.
Once a solid diet and exercise program has been established, removing 500 calories a day will become the healthy sidenote to an overall healthy lifestyle.
Ok so, I started the new meds today and some how I feel extremely different?? I thought this was a lower dosage but, not sure. Anyway, I have recieved so many letters of support that I am so greatful, Thanks you so much to all that wrote. I woke up Several times during the night because I was just so excited and hopeful that I might be a regular size again...It felt great to sit down with the DR and have him explain everything to me... I needed yesterday, and I am happy that I have the support of my online community, during Thanksgiving I never said I was thankful for anything, mainly because, I couldn't figure out anything ( besides the basics; Cloths, food, roof etc ) well, I now have found something - Friends...wow, I was telling my co worker I didn't realize there were so many people that cared about someone else life.
I read a great article this morning, of course I am sharing it....I was amazed that I had lost so much weight and didn't realize how important a good diet was, now I see...
At work myself and two of my co workers have been working on a project so I have been chit chatting for most of the morning, better check my mail....

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Hmm Very informative! Thanks for the article. I love reading about weight loss and all that stuff! I find it so motivating. Thanks for the kind words! I'm always amazed when I find out that people are actually reading my blog!