Thursday, November 22, 2007

ThanksGIVING Day...



A THANKSGIVING POEM
TWAS THE NIGHT OF THANKSGIVING,
BUT I JUST COULDN'T SLEEP
I TRIED COUNTING BACKWARDS,
I TRIED COUNTING SHEEP.
THE LEFTOVERS BECKONED -
THE DARK MEAT AND WHITE
BUT I FOUGHT THE TEMPTATION
WITH ALL OF MY MIGHT
TOSSING AND TURNING WITH ANTICIPATION
THE THOUGHT OF A SNACK BECAME INFATUATION.
SO, I RACED TO THE KITCHEN, FLUNG OPEN THE DOOR
AND GAZED AT THE FRIDGE, FULL OF GOODIES GALORE.
GOBBLED UP TURKEY AND BUTTERED POTATOES,
PICKLES AND CARROTS, BEANS AND TOMATOES.
I FELT MYSELF SWELLING SO PLUMP AND SO ROUND,
'TIL ALL OF A SUDDEN, I ROSE OFF THE GROUND.
I CRASHED THROUGH THE CEILING,
FLOATING INTO THE SKY
WITH A MOUTHFUL OF PUDDING
AND A HANDFUL OF PIE.
BUT, I MANAGED TO YELL AS I SOARED PAST THE TREES....
HAPPY EATING TO ALL - PASS THE
CRANBERRIES, PLEASE.
MAY YOUR STUFFING BE TASTY,
MAY YOUR TURKEY BE PLUMP.
MAY YOUR POTATOES 'N GRAVY
HAVE NARY A LUMP,
MAY YOUR YAMS BE DELICIOUS
MAY YOUR PIES TAKE THE PRIZE,
MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING DINNER STAY
OFF OF YOUR THIGHS.
MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING BE BLESSED!!
Ok It is FINALLY Here, I have cooked soo much food, I mean soooo much it almost makes me sick to look at it lol Last night I done OK, not well lol I did pick some :) anyway I at a nice dinner before starting, well it was good anyway, had a Market fresh turkey w/ lettace, tomato and turkey, No Mayo or anything :) I did :( have a slice of swiss on it BUT onlt ate half the sandwhich. Last night I did have to test my food for salt and stuff i am sure that costed me a few calories :) and I did SNEAK a Deviled egg :( But all in all I done well....
This morning I have not ate anything, I did try a bite of the Dressing just to see what it needed but I have not even had time to stop for a break to take my meds and get dressed, I plan to drink two bottles of water BEFORE lunch so that I am not as hungry :) I might even eat a rice cake as well...to try to feel up..Michael has been acting Fine, which I am glad of, Didn't want to deal with that Ya know LORD LOL Well I hope everyone is having a Great one and Healthy eating :) well Ok....Just enjoy your self, Theres always tomarrow :)
Happy Thanksgiving world :)

No comments: