Friday, January 4, 2008

Pears, Oranges & Chicken

Done better then normal last night although, it was still to late to eat. After leaving work I was STARVING but, I decided instead of stopping at a fast food joint that I would go to Kroger and get something healthy instead, after walking the whole store for 30 minutes I finally decided on Chicken breast, Pears & Oranges..I have no idea how this combination came about but, its all I could think of. I rushed home to cook and by that time it was 7 o' clock, I dug out tha lean machine and went to work grilling my chicken, No grease, no butter just chicken with a dash of salt and pepper and that's it, I grilled Three breast, 1 for last night and two for my meals today. Needless to say I did not eat until it was bedtime BUT it was healthy, I was still starvingggg after I ate so I grabbed one of the oranges and sliced in 4's and off to bed I went..I fingered it was better to eat the Orange late then go crazy this morning wanting something filling so I tricked myself...when I woke...I was not all that hungry but still forced down a pear for breakfast. I am hoping that the fruit will curve my craving for sweets. It has worked so far soo we will go with it ha ha..This morning has not been all that bad, I love the cold weather! I mean, I love getting all bundled up in cute jackets and gloves and all :) Anyway..for the most part things have been pretty quite, the lady that owns my land came down with her lil girl and chatted for a bit and I played with Kilo & sammie for a while and that was my whole night OHH and don't forget the chicken! Ha so I guess I done pretty good..I have not weighed myself because I am scared that I will start obsessing again and that's all I need lol

2 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

Good for you for not getting fast food last night! That is a major NSV! And just think... you not only got healthy food at Kroger's, you got 30 minutes of walking in, too! Yippee!

And now I am hungry for oranges and pears. lol I went grocery shopping yesterday and got apples and bananas. Darn it. hehe

The chicken breast was a good choice, too. You are doing great!

It's good you're not weighing every day. Once a week is plenty, and that way you won't get stressed out about normal fluctuations.

Have you thought about joining Shannon's Easter Challenge? We'll be weighing every Monday. And Scale Junkie has a "Healthy You Challenge" going for the entire year. Their links are on my blog if you want to check into it. It's just a bunch of chicks signing up to encourage each other and offer support. I think it'd be a great idea for you to join us, if you haven't already. I've been so far behind on blogging that I don't even know exactly who signed up yet. So if you already signed up, I'm sorry. lol

At any rate, I hope you either DID or WILL sign up! hehe

Have a great day! :)

Michelle said...

Jen, You are doing great, it's great to recommit to yourself to be a better person. I think you have made great, intelligent choices, so no matter how many times you eat the wrong thing, or maybe too much or something you didn't want to have remember you have learned the right way and you can jump back on the wagon and do yourself good. You are an amazing person and your pics look great, keep up the good work....