Thursday, January 3, 2008

Ok FINALLY on the right track again

I woke this morning to the Freezing cold, I had to let the doggy potty and I was sooo cold, I checke dthe weather and wowww wee we are down in the teens with a chill factor of single digits...I LOVEE the cold weather but wow, it was a shocker to my body. Anyway on a better note, I decided not to weigh myself this morning or this week for that matter. It seemed It didn't bother me to wait until my monthly visit to the weight loss clinic..I didn't get near as frustrated. This morning I have have gotten up with a postive attitude, I ate a healthy breakfast of Fresh fruit (pineapple, mango, grapes) and I did drink a V8 Splash but I have not drank even half of it yet, I got out the good old rice cakes and left ALL sweets out of my view! I didn't even bring any in fear that I would indulge in them... I think for lunch I will go back to my grilled chicken as I use to eat all the time. I think that I am ready to move on and get past this negativity, I just get so frustrated at myself because I know I can do it, look how much I have lost up until the holidays.

I think with my personal issues and work things have just started closing in on me, I am having some emotional issues and sometimes that tends to take controld of my eating habits. I assume thats normal for everyone.
I was reading an article about setting "weight" goals for new years resolutions, well it said be realistic goals and create a plan so I am working toward that now. I think one of the best Goals I can have is to watch my porton size, eat grilled at all times over deep fried etc & take away the candy items that tempt me so much. Another goal is exercise, I have got to get a plan togather that includes excerise. Its so cold out now and I don't have time for the gym soo I guess I need to figure out what I can do to get what I need without inconviencing myself. SO see, I feel better today. I have had some great e-mails from people struggling just as I am and people that cares about me that don't even know me and thats a great feeling, Thanks to all of you, I may not have my family support but I have you guys and look what it has done soo far!!!! Look at the weight loss soo we are doing something right...

1 comment:

Colette said...

Hey Jenn,
Sorry I have been not around....blame it on the holidays, blame it on my work schedule, blame it on my family!! LOL
Honestly its all 3!! Things have been SUPER crazy here! Yes emotional issues will make you eat. I know I eat for comfort....for love.....for companionship! All bad reasons if you ask me but I am human. I am trying to make better choices and eat better and yes some days are better than others but at least I am moving in the RIGHT direction and I will get to my goal eventually. I have been looking at what your eating Jennifer and your doing great. Don't beat yourself up over what you ate at Christmas.....remember IT was CHRISTMAS!!
Last note...I love the new pic you posted of yourself before you gained.. you looked awesome! Not to say you dodn't look good now its just you look alot younger when you weigh less especially in your face!! I like your hair dyed all blonde like that too, but I bet its hard to keep up with the roots when it grows out! thankfully I just cover my gray every now and then! LOL Lord knows I got LOTS of gray too....LMAO
hugs